Patti's Dream Journal
It's often suggested that we should write down our dreams when we wake up before they're lost forever. The significance of the dream is like a window into our soul or possibly the Mexican food we ate the night before. Unfortunately, I rarely remember my dreams. And when I do, I'm just at the grocery store buying milk (totally legit dream). Enter Patti. Patti loves to tell me about her dreams when she wakes up, so I began writing them down in a journal without her knowing about my documentation of them. The following is a collection of Patti's vivid unconscious during the summer and fall of 2003.
July 7, 2003
1) Someone hacked into Patti's cell phone and stole her identity.
2) A policewoman at The Earl punched her.
3) People were cutting themselves.
July 10, 2003
1) Patti visited her mom in Florida and let Daisy run around in the backyard. Daisy dug under the fence and went into the neighbor's yard to play.
2) She was held prisoner along with a bunch of other people by a scary religious cult.
3) Instead of Jay's normal toothpaste, Patti had to brush her teeth with Close Up, and she thought it was gross.
July 21, 2003
Patti was in bed when her phone rang. Jay answered it, and the caller was her brother-in-law. He and Jay talked for about fifteen minutes.
[SIDE NOTE: When Patti woke up from the above dream, she checked her cellphone messages from the day before and her brother-in-law had called!]
July 28, 2003
Jay drove Patti and friends around town. He insisted that everybody could fit in the same car. Patti sat in the back seat, which got so crowded that it squished her against the door, so she got mad at Jay.
August 7, 2003
Jay's boss decided that he was going to go out of town, and he wanted to give his employees the day off. So Jay came home and crawled back into bed with Patti.
August 13, 2003
Patti flew on an airplane that had an interior like a house. The passengers kept dying for weird reasons, such as saying three types of one thing (e.g. apple, orange, banana).
August 23, 2003
1) Gasoline cost $1.13 per gallon.
2) Patti was losing her hair.
Pages: 1 2